Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 10 December 2011

Faux kraft resist tag

Hi there, I really enjoyed making this tag with the Texture Fragment stamps. I love creating backgrounds and these stamps are perfect for so many styles. I decided to have a go at making a kraft resist effect by layering up some of the stamps from this themeplate but it doesn't show up too well in the pic


I stamped the filigree panel stamp in pumice stone and then overstamped with the same stamp in tea dye distress ink, using a brick effect to overlap the stamps. The gorgeous border was stamped with black versafine and embossed with clear EP. Next I stamped the texture stamp  around the edges with versamark and embossed with clear EP before adding lots of vintage photo and a little black soot distress ink.

I stamped the sentiment from 'Home Sweet Home' and again embossed with clear EP. The main image is also from 'Home Sweet Home', painted with distress inks and framed with a diecut frame that I embossed with black soot distress embossing powder. To finish off I've added some ribbon from my stash, coloured with vintage photo distress ink and a little brass effect brad.

I hope you are enjoying all the inspiration from the DT this week
hugs
Claire xx


7 comments:

  1. Very nice tag Claire , Love the little house. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great faux resist kraft tag - very opulent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Tag Claire, beautiful colors and technique.
    Lovely greet and nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh of to craft room to have a go xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the aged elements here & that sky is a beauty on the little image. The black & brown work beautifully together too.
    Paula (PEP)
    PS - For some reason this overstamping effect is only just getting noticed by my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tag there is so much going on and that scene is fab. I love the colours you have used for the background too

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!