Pin It button on image hover

Monday 27 January 2020

Breath, Dream, Explore by Penny

Good morning peeps,  I hope you are all managing to keep warm and dry in this horrible weather!  I'm here with my last post this month with a sample from the December shows featuring my favourite CB Steampunk stamps.  For this card I have used stamps from the Funky Fish and Punky Expressions sets, Distress Inks, black Versafine ink, clear EP, clear texture gel, die cuts, metalic paints and some air dry clay embellishments from my stash.



I began by creating the background panel.  I took a piece of  white card and blended three colours of DI's then dried it with a heat tool.  I used a couple of small worker stamps and randomly stamped them over the panel.   I then took a stencil from my stash, applied texture gel through it and left it to dry.  I blended DI around the edges of the background.
  
 

On another piece of white card I stamped a seahorse in black ink and embossed it with clear EP.  I painted the image with metalic acrylics then cut it out.  I used a die from my stash to cut out some 'seaweed', and painted a few air dry clay shell embellishments with the metalic paints.



  I took a white base card and stamped the same worker stamps around the edges.  I attached the background panel to it, then attached the sea horse and the embellishments.  I stamped a sentiment and cut some of the words off to attach them seperately.



Thank you for popping in today I hope you've enjoyed this little project.  I'll be back next month with some more crafty projects, in the meantime stay safe and warm,



                                xx  Penny  xx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the colourful background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! A gorgeous underwater scene, full of textures and amazing colours!! Love the seahorse!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful bright colours for your undersea world Penny and love the metallic colours on the sea horse and the background texture and added embellishments are perfect. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!