Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 15 January 2020

Feeling Like Spring (by Pat)

Hello everyone, this month our Guest Design Team member Pat is joining us to inspire you with some creative projects. For her first appearance, she has made a lovely Spring themed card.

Pat writes:

Hi everyone, I'm so pleased to be back with my first of three guest posts for this month. I decided to make us feel as though Spring has arrived, even though it will be a couple of months or so before we feel that Spring is in the air. I am using the Spring Bird Crocus set, Texture Fragments, a small dot stamp from Freedom Flower, the graph stamp from Small Graph Paper and the sentiment from Spring Bird Tulip set. Also Distress Inks- three greens, a lilac, purple and two yellows, clear gloss embossing powder, a waterbrush, a blending tool, and permanent purple and white pearlescent ink.

I stamped the smaller crocus image and the little flower border four times onto a 4" square piece of white card using the purple permanent ink and heat embossed with clear gloss embossing powder. I coloured the flowers using a waterbrush and the Distress Inks mentioned above, and applied the dots around the edge using the purple and some white pearlescent ink. 

I then made the background using the same Distress Inks and stamped one of the Texture Fragment stamps, then the little dots, and finally the graph paper stamp. I also blended more of the purple around the edges. I finished with a sentiment stamped with the permanent ink and heat embossed again with the clear gloss embossing powder. I used a stitched tag die and the sentiment from the Spring Bird Tulip set, and then blended more of the lilac and purple Distress Inks around the edges.


That's all from me for now but I'll be back again next week.

Best Wishes,

Pat.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love the colour tones. Creative Blessings Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours and great use of the stamps, love especially the background you made with the textures fragments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! how lovely, a promise of Spring in this beautiful card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!