Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 22 January 2020

Sailing Underwater Steampunk Style (by Pat)

Hello everyone, here is the second post this month from our Guest Design Team member Pat. She has created a fabulous steampunk themed card, great for those men in your life. 

Pat writes:

Hi everyone, I'm back with my second post for this month and I decided on something more masculine this time, although it doesn't necessarily have to be. I have used the Steampunk Sea World set of stamps, a sentiment from the Punky Expressions set, brown and blue permanent inks, clear gloss embossing powder, brushos in turquoise and orange on stencilled background, Distress Inks using a brown, orange and a blue for everything else, a waterbrush, a blending tool, and a stitched circle die.



I started by stamping the sailing ship using brown permanent ink and heat embossed with the clear embossing powder. I masked it to add the stencilled background using the brushos shaken sparingly on to the stencil itself and spritzed with water before pressing it on to the card. The colours have combined to make a pretty green, but as you can see with touches of orange remaining. I watercoloured the ship and added the blended blue over the background fading it towards the centre.

I then made a background using two more of the stamps from the same set again using brown permanent ink and clear heat embossed, then watercoloured with the brown. I finished by blending the same blue over the background making it darker around the edges and added a sentiment from the Punky Expressions set using the blue permanent ink which I clear heat embossed.

Thank you for joining me today and I will be back again next week with my last post.

Best Wishes,

Pat.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! Love it so very much! How wonderful creation! The circle just pops with that stencilled background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!