Pin It button on image hover

Monday 17 May 2021

Sowing the seeds by Rachel

 Hello there,

I have another couple of makes from the shows in April to share with you today. They are very similar in design - but one is a card and the other a ceramic plate - two totally different techniques for making them too! 

For the card I started by using oxide spray to create a background then layered over distress ink through one of the Chocolate Baroque stencils to create the squares and then stamped the leaves which I also coloured in ink. Next I used the Make your Mark set to add some background stamping and then added the seed heads that I had stamped onto separate card and coloured with watercolour pencils before fussy cutting.

For my plate I did all of my stamping in black ink onto a bisque ware plate then painted over all of the art using ceramic glazes. All of the ink burns off in the kiln so it is necessary to paint everything back in. I used the sow the seeds stamp set. Lastly I added some dots in glaze using the colours I had already used on the plate. The plate is then left to dry for at least 24 hours before being overglazed and fired.

I hope you like both my makes! I adore this stamp set - it is just so pretty!
Have a great day!
Hugs
Rachel x

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Rachel but I adore the plate, outstanding xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic results for your card and the bisque plate Rachel and I love the colours with the orange/red tones, and the seed head are very pretty as the central feature of both. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing to decorate a plate, love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and -WOW- your plate looks amazing!! Just love the wreath of leaves and the seed in the centre!! Fabulous colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much ladies...you are very kind xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! more gorgeous makes from you Rachel.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel, Your plate is amazing. You do such a wonderful job of turning ceramics into works of art, you are so talented. Your card is super too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!