Pin It button on image hover

Monday 3 May 2021

Back to Nature

 Hello

I'm sharing some of my cards that I made for the April show on the Craft Store.

My first two cards use stamps from Sow the Seeds set.

First, I stamped the leaves in Archival ink, masking the first leaf and stamping either side. I then added a watercolour wash around the leaves and coloured in with watercolour pencils. I added the word "Botanical" from the set and added a frame using a stamp from Modern Textures

For this card I blended Distress Inks to make the background. I stamped the Poppy heads in brown Archival using my stamping platform and stamped again using some tacky glue, but just in a few places. I then added gilding flakes to the glued areas, just to give a little sparkle. I used a stencil in the background and mat and layered onto some gold card.

These two cards use the stamps from Mother Earth set.
I used Distress Oxides for the background. I stamped the very large pinecone 4 times and cut out the different layers. I also die cut some foliage. I coloured the pinecone with Distress inks and some shimmer spray and then layered them using foam pads for dimension.

My last card features the equally large mushrooms! 
I used Distress inks for the background and the landscape. I stamped with Archival ink and coloured with Distress inks. I used a white gel pen to highlight the "spots" on the Shrooms and added some foliage from Wild Meadow.

Thanks for looking,

Sandra x

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards especially love the first one xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four fabulous card Sandra, love the natural feel! The last two capterd my eyes, such wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four brilliant cards using the new stamps Sandra and love the simple look of the designs to let the stamps take centre stage. I particularly love the poppy seed heads, and the large leaves, but the cones and shrooms look great too...in truth I love them all. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!