Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 23 May 2021

Groovy!

 Hello

I'm sharing more of my samples from the April show on The Craft Store

These cards feature the Retro Florals and Retro Vases.  If you were lucky enough to get these stamps you will know that there were over 100 stamps! The stamp sheets were filled with flowers, leaves, vases and geometric shapes. Lots of cutting out, but worth it. I've also added sentiments from Life is So Much Better and Say it Vertically.


For this card I first created a background by blending dye inks. I then stamped some circles and over stamped with flowers in a contrasting colour.



For this card I used a 6x6 card base. I then cut a 6x6 panel and used  Chocolate Baroque Draw and Tear Rulers to make the decorative edges. (I used the rulers to draw a line approx a third of the way in. I cut along the line  and used these two pieces as "pages" for the front of my card.) I decorated each piece with the shapes, the vase and flowers and a sentiment before assembling the card


This very simple, but effective card is made by using the different sized circles from the sets and stamping in Oxide inks. 


For my next card I stamped the trio of flowers and added some leaves. I then die cut a window box for them. I pierced a few holes on the bottom corner to give a little detail whilst still keeping the card clean and simple.


Next, I masked off an area on my card blank and blended some dye inks. I used the same colour to stamp some circles. I removed the mask and stamped the vase and stem. I decorated the vase with one of the stamps also in the set and added some white pen for a highlight. I added a sentiment and a couple of butterflies to finish.


For my last card I inked up the vase in light blue archival ink and added a darker shade to one edge to give some dimension.  I added the leaves, a couple of butterflies and a bit of shading under the vases to ground them.


I really enjoyed these Retro stamps.....can you tell? Hopefully I have given you some inspiration.

Sandra xx

4 comments:

  1. WOW! What fantastic inspirational cards, love the designs and colour mixes.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Retro stamps are endlessly versatile and you have come up with some terrific ways of using them Sandra...thank you for the inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning array of cards, how many ideas! Love how you used some of the high number of stamps in the Retro Florals and Retro Vases sets! A lot of clever way to create cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cards Sandra and I think the last one is my favourite x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!