Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 13 May 2021

Scripted

Hello, I'm sharing some more of my samples from the April show on the Craft Store.

These cards feature stamps from Scripts and Timepieces and Make Your Mark.

For my first card I used stamps from Make Your Mark and stamped randomly over a Kraft card base in brown ink. On a smaller piece of card I created a wash in blue and green dye inks. I then stamped the Spes Nostra  (which I believe means Our Hope) in black archival ink. I stamped the watch 3 times, aged them with some ink. I then added some gloss medium to the watch faces to resemble glass.  I mat and layered onto black card.


For my second card I blended dye inks to make a  background. Using the same colours I added stamps from Make Your Mark to give some depth. I then used the large script  from the set and embossed in Copper embossing powder. I added a banner across the card using the text stamp and added a pocket watch which I stamped, embossed and cut out.


 My last card uses a stamp from Make Your Mark, which could be a crack in the wall or a lightening strike and a dandelion style flower from Retro Florals. I used my stamping platform and rotated the cardstock around to get the pattern. I finished with the Seeds text from Sow the Seeds.


Thanks for looking
Sandra x

3 comments:

  1. Stunning Medieval style for the new sentiments! "Spes Nostra" is Latin for "Our Hope", yes. :) Very important, especially in this period!
    Love all the cards, they are very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Sandra and I love the way you have used the wonderful latin words with the timepiece in two very clever ways with wonderful background stamping, and the super design of the last making a wheel shape using the pretty dandelion type flower with the crack/lightening image in between, and finished with the perfect word in the centre. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! these are very very interesting stamps and cards. Beautifully done.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!