Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 8 May 2021

Beautiful Florals - By Rachel

 Hello there! I have three makes from Lesley's April shows to share with you today - I am sharing samples made using the retro florals and retro vases sets in the main but I have used the make your mark ones too.

In this first sample I covered some greyboard with a piece of 8x8 paper from one of the Craft Store shows that Lesley did earlier on and then added the flowers to it to make a wreath. I had created the flowers by stamping onto other papers and fussy cutting - same with the leaves. I then added the central sentiment and a little stamping with the make your mark set.

This one was using the retro vases and retro florals and I had a lovely time pattern building in this one - I used different coloured inks and repeated the patterns around the central circle.
And finally my ATC holder/display case. I had this in the cupboard and thought the size of these stamps really lent themselves to ATCs so I first made a masterboard using distress oxides then cut it into ATC sized pieces then decorated each one with different combinations of stamps from the sets. Some I just stamped in black, some I stamped in versamark and added white embossing powder before heat setting and fussy cutting. I painted the frame in black gesso and then assembled the whole piece.

I hope you have a great day and that I have given you some inspiration of ways to use your stamps.

Big hugs

Rachel x

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous makes Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very interesting projects! Love the home decor pieces, all so beautiful with the new floral/vases and the last one particularly catches my eyes, your ATC holder/display case is stunning!! Great inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the creations you are making with these stamps, especially the ATCs. Where do I buy them as they are not on the CB website?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine, if you were referring to the stamps, if you give Lesley a call during shop hours they will press some for you... hope thats useful. And thankyou x

      Delete
  4. Stunning creations, so original and beautiful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very much for your kind words xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three great designs Rachel and I love the circular wreath style of the first two and love the flower heads stamped on to paper, and some great background stamping and then the wonderful repeat pattern on the second, and the awesome ATC holder with a brilliant masterboard background with lots of the different flowers on each of the ATCs. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!