Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 5 May 2022

Floral Delights (By Tracy Thompson)


Hello, hope you are well, I am here today to show you some creations I made for the shows in April.  For my first creation I did one of my favourite techniques just using two pencils of different degrees of hardness.  I call it Grey Scale, if that is a proper term or it's just something I made up I have no idea.  First I stamped my image called Life Is Wonderful,  then using pencils I shaded it, it's a subtle effect and quite effective.
I then matted and layered the image using black, grey and white card stock.

For my second card I went with the Gerbera & friends stamp set, using the Dandelion from the set. To start with I did the background using a blending brush and some ink, I faded the ink out into white space.  I stamped my main image, then using a single seed head apparently they are called a 'Pappus' I stamped them floating in the air as if they were carried away by the wind.  I highlighted my flowers and added glitter for some sparkle.  Then all that was left was to matt and layer it.


Thank you for looking, I will be back middle of the month with more creations for you.

Happy crafting

Tracy x

1 comment:

  1. Love both of these Tracy. Just using pencils for the greyscale effect is one of the things I love to do, and it looks so effective when you have mounted it up, so elegant! The second is simple but beautiful too with the lovely warm yellow ink blended background and I it looks great with the added seeds carried away by the wind..a clever idea. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!