Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 28 May 2022

Butterflies And Blooms (By Tracy Thompson)

 


This is my final post for this month showing samples from April's shows, for my first creation I am using stamp sets Dream Petals and Butterfly Mind.   So I started with a background, using Distress Oxides and stencil brushes gently built colour up in green and blue, I kept it soft and subtle.   On some separate card I stamped out the flowers from the Dream Petals and cut them out.  I always cut out first and colour afterwards as if using water colours the card doesn't cut as crisp when damp.  I coloured with distress inks and when dry used a white gel pen to highlight in the centre of the flowers.  I adhered them to the bottom of the card overlapping them.
I then stamped two butterflies and cut them out, I coloured them the same way and put them on as if fluttering above the flowers. Finally added a sentiment.


For this creation I used the stamp set Life Is Wonderful with a sentiment from Birthday Words.  I started with the background, I used Cadence Metallic Acrylic paints found here,  I sponged them in two different colours all over and left to dry.  Meanwhile I stamped my image twice, and coloured the main one with Aqua pencils, I then cut out parts of the image, the butterfly and the biggest flower then coloured them.  I decoupaged the the cut out pieces.   and adde3d some glitter to the centre of the flowers and the butterfly wings.

I will be back with new posts next month, thank you for looking.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

1 comment:

  1. Two beautiful cards Tracy and I love the beautiful large Dream Petals flowers on the first with the sweet butterflies from Butterfly Minds, and a wonderful softly ink blended background in the blue and green, and then the second using the Life is Wonderful set and some super dimension with the decoupaged flowers, and both this and the first beautifully coloured. Great contrast with the sponged acrylic paints for the background on this second one which works brilliantly. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!