Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 1 May 2022

Quick Watercolour (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I hope that you are keeping well. I have a very cheery project to share with you today, a demo that I created for last month's TV shows on Create and Craft, featuring the large image and a sentiment from the Life is Wonderful stamp set. 

I scribbled onto an acrylic block with a couple of waterbased markers and spritzed the area with water, before pressing a piece of Drawing Cartridge onto the block. This created a very quick watercolour background. I let the Drawing Cartridge dry naturally and then stamped the images with Versafine Ink. I scribbled more of the waterbased markers onto an acrylic block, this time picking them up with a paintbrush dipped into water, and painted the images. I used just three colours, sometimes blending them, to achieve lighter and darker versions of the base colours, so that I could add shading.

I chose a patterned paper from one of Lesley's Designer paper packs which toned in perfectly to create a mat for the image, and added layers of black card to mat the design and patterned paper.



I had great fun creating this card, and hope that my design will give you some inspiration to create something yourself.

Thanks for stopping by,


Judith xx

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Judith and the pretty colourful paper in the background goes perfectly and love it matted onto black card which looks so crisp and draws the eye in to the wonderful colouring. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!