Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 21 October 2018

Colourful Butterflies (by Zoe)

Good morning Lovelies, I'm back with my final post for this month featuring these beautiful stamps.

My first card I created the background by laying down Sparkle pens onto my mat, spritzed with water and picked up the colour onto my card. Istamped the image twice, once onto my background and second onto a spare bit of card. I coloured both images using Sparkle pens and cut out the flowers and butterflies from the spare card and decoupaged. I used the floral border stamp for the edges, it matches the flowers on the dress perfectly.

Second card I used Distress Inks to colour the card. I then used the Butterfly stencil and used a coordinating colour, dried well then stamped all the sentiments which I carefully stuck to an acrylic block, and heat embossed using white embossing powder. I then used the border stamp to finish it off, again in white embossing powder.

Third card, I made the background using the Shaving Foam technique and simple stamping using Versafine Black ink. I coloured the image using watercolour markers and added glitter to the centres of the flowers. The mat I layered onto was Brushos spritzed with water in coordinating colours.

Thank you so much for visiting. Have a wonderful day xx Zoe xx


8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous and the sentiment on your first card is perfect as it really is amazing. I love the background the depth of colour throughout the card. I really like the shaving foam background too. It works really well at giving a dreamy effect. Great cards Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I do love the shaving foam background and wonderful stamps.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three gorgeous card, love your backgrounds and the beautiful colouring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous selection of cards Zoe, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous collection of art! They're all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three beautiful cards Zoe and you have made two very different but adorable cards using the Butterfly Dress stamp. The purple background is so bright and pretty and love the yellows and orangy reds you have used on the decoupaged flowers, and more great dimension on the butterflies, then the other card looks fabulous with the marbled background and such fresh and pretty colours. The stencilled butterflies look perfect with all the sentiments and floral edges white embossed over the top and in more wonderful fiery colours. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!