Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 6 October 2018

Butterfly garden by Brenda


Good morning Peeps. Brenda here with some more inspiration using the lovely stamps Lesley showcased on Hochanda last month.

My first creation is one using lolly sticks which I glued together to form a stamping case and then coloured with Acrylic Paint after fixing a masked sun in place. Next I stamped the beautiful Butterfly Dress image and stamped her again a few more times so I could decoupage her dress. Using one of the stamps from Floral Edges I added some leaves across the bottom to ground her. Next I coloured everything including the additional flowers and Butterflies and built up her skirt adding a few more flying around her garden.


The next one below features Auricula Script which I stamped onto cardstock coloured with Distress Oxides and heat embossed with Lapis Lazulite embossing crystals. The sentiment strip across the bottom is from Amazing Mackintosh Words.


Some more inkiness with the next one using Distress Oxides and the harlequins from Decorative Edges to create a background and I was fairly liberal with the water spritzed onto the inked stamp to achieve a rather messy and random finish and then inked the edges and heat embossed with detail copper powder. I used the same inks to create a background for the Lady's Slipper Orchid image, stamped with Versamark and used the same embossing powder and bleached out the colour from the bloom.


The background on the next one was a bit of an experiment using a piece of kitchen tissue and alcohol inks to create a background. I then stamped Birdcage Collage with Versafine black and added a little white highlighting.


Thank you so much for popping in today, myself and my team mates always appreciate your kind comments.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! Fab cards! That lolly stick panel really catches my eyes, such wonderful way to made a background for the beautiful Butterfly Dress! And just LOVE the kitchen tissue and alcohol inks background in the last one!!! Very creative and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning Brenda, I love the first one with the butterflies and lovely dimension.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've been busy :) They are all beautiful and inspire me to get out my own stamps (I have one or two of the ones you've demo'ed) and get busy myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are amazing. I love the first plaque. The stamping on it is superb and the decoupaged stamp takes it to another level. I’m also blown away by the last piece that is stapled onto kitchen paper. I quite often have pieces left over that I’ve moped up my ink with, so this has definitely inspired me to do something with them, thank you x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!