Pin It button on image hover

Monday 8 October 2018

Introducing Jodie!

Hello everyone, we are excited to welcome a brand new Guest Designer today, Jodie Heuser, from Florida. We asked Jodie to talk about herself a little bit so that we could all get to know her a little better:

Hi everyone,
I've been married to my wonderful Husband, Robert, for 21 years, and we have 3 fur babies, Riley (our rabbit), and our cats Graycie, Tabitha and Aurora.

I've been a crafter since my early university days, but I really developed my love of paper crafting when my Husband and I migrated to Florida fron Canada. A co-worker at the time introduced me to our local stamp and scrapbook store, thinking it was a great way to meet people and I've been hooked ever since.

I love art that has texture, meaning layers of colour, patterned paper, mixed media paints and pastes, anything that is visually stimulating and interesting. I enjoy learning new techniques and currently teach classes, so that I can help others get the confidence to start their own crafting journey.

Chocolate Baroque has been a favourite company of mine for years, their stamps have amazing details, wonderful themes and the quality is unlike any other.

I'd like to thank Lesley, David and Judith for welcoming me, and for the opportunity to create inspiration for our fellow crafters.

Take care everyone and happy crafting!

Jodie's first project is a very adaptable ATC, and this is what she has to say:

Good morning everyone,
this is my first project as a Guest Designer with Chocolate Baroque, and to say I'm excited is an understatement.
My first project is an Artist Trading Card, or ATC.

Since we are in the throws of Fall here in the States, I decided to use that colour palette. I am working with the Fresh Blooms set, which is great for any season.

Supplies:
Stamps- Fresh Blooms
Ink- Distress Ink: Vintage Photo, Barn Door and Wild Honey, Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black
White embossing powder
Paper- A4 Drawing Cartridge
Stylus tool with circle tip
Heat tool
Gold stickers

Cut the paper to 2.5" x 3.5" (a standard ATC size) (6.35cm x 8.89cm)
Using Versamark, ink up the stamp, stamping it half off the card.
Sprinkle white embossing powder over the image and heat set with the heat tool.
Next using the stylus tool, blend the colour Barn Door onto the paper in various spots, being careful not to completely cover the entire ATC.
Next, change the tips, and repeat the process using Wild Honey. When the two colours are blended you will also end up with an orange colour in some spots.
Take a tissue and wipe the ink off the embossed area. This will make the image pop even more.
Stamp the saying on the card with Versafine Onyx, and give it another shot with the heat gun to set the saying.
Finally, go over the edge of the Artist Trading Card with Vintage Photo for added depth.
Then for added interest, I added gold sticker lines, this can also be done with a straight edge and a gold pen.



ATC's can be traded or even added to other cards. On my blog is a sample of how I added an ATC, using a different colour combination, for a Birthday card.

Jodie will be back next week with another project to insire you.



7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful ATC love the colours used and the stamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Jodie, looking forward to seeing your creations.
    Your card is quite beautiful, I love your colours and the gold strips are just perfect for it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello to Jodie and what beautiful colours on your ATC background, so pretty with the white embossed flower and the gold stickers make a great border, and a lovely sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jodie. Look forward to seeing more of your creativity.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Jodie. So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome in the team and what a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the white embossing against the beautifully blended background x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!