Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 23 October 2018

A Collage of Colour (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a mixture of projects to share with you today, showcasing the stamps featured on last month's TV shows from Hochanda.

My first project uses the lovely Birdcage Collage stamp as my focal point. I created a colourful background using Brushos spritzed with water, and pressed a piece of crumpled cling film over the top, to add a bit of texture to the background. Once the Brushos had dried, I removed the cling film, and stamped some of the words from the Amazing Mackintosh Words stamp plate over the top, using black ink.

I stamped the Birdcage Collage onto a spare piece of Drawing Cartridge, and coloured the image using water based markers and a water brush. Finally, I cut out the image, and attached it to the background.

For my second card, I created a piece of background using Distress Inks, which I had added to my craft mat and spritzed with water. I picked these up on the Drawing Cartridge a couple of times, drying each layer in between. I coloured a piece of Stampbord with the same colour of inks, and the stamped the deco edge from the Decorative Edges stamp set on both the Stampbord and the background, using a plum coloured ink. To finish, I added a piece of ribbon, and some Little Birdie flowers.

My final sample is a reproduction of one I made a long time ago, however I liked the design, so why not? I stamped the Butterfly Dress image onto a piece of smooth card, and masked the image. I stamped the Floral Edges image across the bottom twice. I added clouds using a stencil and blue ink, but you could use torn paper or a frilly die cut to achieve a similar look.

I stamped the Butterfly Dress image twice again onto spare card, and then coloured the flowers and butterflies, plus the main images all with pencils. I added the extra butterflies to the background flying around the lady, and along the floral border.

Thanks for stopping by,

Judith xx

8 comments:

  1. How amazing works!!!! Love them all and especially the stunning last one, such wonderful scene with that lady flying in the cloudy sky and the gorgeous flowers and butterflies !!!
    Pinned https://www.pinterest.it/pin/534802524499182045/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three gorgeous cards Judith. Love them all especially the last one as I have that stamp. Must use it again. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three stunning cards Judith and the restricted palette of just green and blue works beautifully on the first, and a great idea to use the mix of sentiments in the background, then the pretty Decorative Edge stamp used on the focal oval shaped stampbord and also the background of the second really brings it all together, and love the added ribbon and flower and leaves. The last one is just gorgeous with my favourite Butterfly Dress lady floating in those fabulous clouds, and the Floral Edge border along tbe bottom and thd additional butterflies dotted around finish this perfectly, and wonderful colouring too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning Judith, I adore the butterfly lady stamp. It is on my wish list :)
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards here and I especially like the backgrounds on the first two. The text looks superb on the first one and I really like the colour on the second, and the layout too. Card number three is very pretty. I always love anything with butterflies on x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning colours. Love the butterfly dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful selection of cards, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!