Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 3 October 2018

Lady's slipper orchid and decorative edges (by Rachel)

Good morning! Rachel here with you today to show you some of my makes with the lady's slipper orchid stamp plus a little pottery painted using one of the decorative edge stamps.


In this first one I stamped the image in flitterglu and then added metallic flake. Before I cut the whole thing out I also used metallic pens to colour the flower.


In this card I stamped three times but only coloured the central image using pens. 


And finally my ceramic recipe book stand - I used one of the decorative edges here - I thought it looked very art deco so teamed it up with some writing of the style.

I do hope these pieces have brought you a little inspiration today.

Big hugs and best wishes for a great day!

Rachel xx



7 comments:

  1. Lovely projects but I especially like the first one. It looks like a precious fragment of medieval gold embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Rachel.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful and very differet Lady's Slipper Orchids Rachel, with the quite intense gilding flake outlines on the dark card of the first, with lots of pretty metallics for the colouring which is very dramatic, and then the prettily shaped card and great colouring using pens for a gorgeous finish, and your ceramic piece is fabulous, and the border and colouring of it has work really beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, the cards are beautiful and I love the Recipe Book stand, it really is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the slipper orchid stamp, made some great cards with it, and the recipe stand is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou all very kindly for your thoughtful comments! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!