Pin It button on image hover

Monday 22 October 2018

Sentimental Canvas (by Jodie)

Hello everyone, today sees the final post this month frrom our Guest Design Team member Jodie. She has created an icy blue mixed media project for us this week.

Jodie writes:

Good morning everyone, this is my third project for Chocolate Baroque.
Because the set contained many great images, it was difficult to choose just one to use on my card, so I didn't!

Supplies:
Stamps- Nature Fragments, Loving Sentiments
Ink- Distress Inks: Evergreen Bough, Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass, Broken China
Stencil- Crafter's Workshop Specimens
Palette knife
Molding paste
Sparkly embossing powder
5" x 7" canvas board

First I taped the stencil to the board and applied a thin layer of the molding paste over the stencil using the palette knife.
Once dry, I blended the ink onto the board. I spritzed the piece with a bit of water to add more texture to this layer and let dry.
Next I chose one of the stamps from the set Nature Fragments, and using the same ink colours, I randomly stamped the canvas.
While the ink was still wet, I sprinkled the embossing powder over the top and heat set the powder.
Then I stamped the sayings from Loving Sentiments and attached them to the canvas.


Jodie will be back in the New Year with more inspirational projects.

Thanks for stopping by,





5 comments:

  1. I love the icy blue background and the sentiments are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Jodie with the icy blue and the lovely sentiments and some super background stamping and stencilling too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet and delicate canvas!! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the soft pastel blue and wonderful sentiment.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!