Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 10 October 2018

Free as a Bird - by Penny

Goodly morning everybody, I'm back again to tempt and inspire you all with the first of my samples from last months Chocolate Baroque shows.  This one features stamps from the Birdcage Collage, Amazing Mackintosh Words, and Decorative Edges sets; I also used Distress Inks, marker pens, and a few bits and pieces from my stash.     



I began with a piece of white card and blended the inks on it.  I then stamped and embossed the Harlequin border on one side of the panel, matted it onto black card and attached it to a white base card. 



On a seperate piece of card I stamped the Birdcage Collage image and coloured it with pens.  I then fussy cut the image and attached it to the card,  I added a couple of die cut feathers and a couple of pearls from my stash.  To complete the design I stamped and embossed a sentiment onto white card, die cut and embossed it, added ink and some pearls then attached it to the card. 

I hope you have enjoyed reading my post today, thank you for dropping in and spending a little time with me. 

I'll be back later in the month with another crafty project,

see you then,

                      
                                      x Penny x



8 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning card Penny, gorgeous colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love the background.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful colours Penny, and the shiny harlequin embossing complements your very prettily coloured Birdcage Collage image perfectly. I love the black mat and the touch of black around the sentiment plate, and also the die cut feathers and the added pearls. A gorgeous card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, just LOVE the colours and the embossing of your card! Fan background and image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous - love the colours in the background and the image colouring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning. I love the embossed harlequins and the colouring on the bird stamp is phenomenal, it looks like a print from a book. Great work x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!