Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Edging into Spring (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, I hope that you are enjoying the new stamps this month, and the inspiration from my Team mates.
I have a couple of cards to show you today. My first card uses the lovely gingko leaves from the Elegant Edges stamp set. I stamped the single leaf over the background using Versamark and clear embossing powder, which I heat set. I painted the background with a water based ink, and then ironed the background placing it under some greaseproof paper to remove the embossing powder. This technique leaves a lovely smooth background.

I stamped the gingko border, and partially die cut an oval beside the border, which I coloured with Distress Ink. I coloured the leaves with Distress Markers. I added a sentiment from the Loving Sentiments stamp set. I stamped three butterflies from the Spring Fairy collection onto vellum, using white embossing powder, and coloured the reverse with permanent markers, Graph'its would be great for this technique. Finally, I coloured some seam binding with green ink, and crumpled it as I dried it, for a distressed effect.

 My next sample uses a mixture of stamps from the Patchwork Landscape stamp set and the Elegant Edges stamp set.

I have made a step card as my base and created layers of planting in front of the house, representing a cottage garden.I stamped all of the images onto cream paper, using gold embossing powder, and coloured them with Distress Markers. I added them to the various layers of the step card. You can see a more detailed explanation on My Blog


  

 Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful background on the first and what a great 3-dimensional scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! Fantastic makes Judith. Love the background you have created on the first card and the embellishments. The second card is a masterpiece. Beautiful stamping, coloring and cutting out. It is a gift and a card in one. The morning glory at the front is stunning.
    Hugs, Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the blue on the first one - brilliant - and the second really is a masterpiece - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Judith these cards are just stunning!!! I really love them , great colours use, great image and stamingwork!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful, loving the designs and these stamps look fabulous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judith they are two beautiful cards love them
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards! I am so in love with these April stamps of the month! Patchwork Landscape is just delightful and the two Edges sets are both so elegant! Lovely colors on your cards, Judith!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh - how clever - I love these cards. Thanks for the inspiration - cheers, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! The background on the first card is so striking! What a fab make, Judith.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fabulous cards,great designs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are fabulous!
    The stepper card is blooming gorgeous! Will have to check out your blog to see how you created it. Thank you for sharing this with us and for the inspiration you give us every day. Have a Happy Easter Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way your butterflies really pop against the whole design with your use of these red touches. The green adds a really vibrant touch to the whole design. Your step card is a fascinating construction & I love the idea of the cottage garden in front of the house. The hollyhocks add a lovely touch but my favourite of all is that front border - just lovely with your fine white border around the base.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards you are so clever with the wonderful stamps Hugs tania xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!