Pin It button on image hover

Monday 7 April 2014

Patchwork Sunrise (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, I had a lot of fun creating this 'patchwork' sample with the new Patchwork Landscape stamp set. The stamps are such great designs, and just encourage lots of colour.

I stamped the main image, and then masked this off, by stamping the image again onto masking paper, and covering the main areas. I then covered sections of the background with sheets of paper, just leaving a segment uncovered, which I coloured with Pan Pastels. I stamped the section with a stamp from various texture stamp plates, Abstract Fragments Nature Fragments Texture Fragments using Versamark, and then I covered the Versamark with Pan Pastel again. I moved around the page, completing a segment at a time, covering over any finished area to keep it protected. Once I was finished, I added hand drawn pen lines to resemble stitching. I coloured the central image with Inktense pencils, blending the colours with a waterbrush. I added a sentiment from the stamp sheet. Finally, I made some small flowers from handmade paper to resemble the Hollyhocks on the stamp plate, and added some black buttons to the centre. A die cut flourish completes the card.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

13 comments:

  1. What a great idea Judith, to mirror the patchwork idea in the background. Really good use of masking and working with Pan Pastels has given a smashing soft pastel effect. The added black die cut brings all the black elements, stamping, stitching etc together really well. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing stampingwork, I really love this special patchwork world you created here , beautiful colours and great panpastel artwork!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love this Judith it's gorgeous and such pretty colours
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. So inspiring Judith. I hadn't realised until now you had used the Abstract Fragments on your card. I thought you had used pretty papers. Love the drawn pencil lines. Superb effects and great ideas.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card and great techniques here - love this - thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! love the design!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific the way the eye is drawn into the patchwork trees by the way you've created the background. The use of the various fragments stamp sets is very effective especially by using PanPastels on them to contrast with the brightness of the Inktense pencils. The echoing of the hollyhocks in the image by your embellishing works beautifully too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the soft colors on this pretty card! Beautiful Patchwork Landscape set too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This a such a well designed card. Those segments working away from the central image are a very clever way of making your eye go straight to that lovely image so beautifully coloured. The use of Pan Pastel on those sections and using all those different fragments, and the faux stitching on the edge of each one, is inspired. The hollyhock flourish echoing the hollyhocks on the central image works excellently. Lovely sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pastel sunburst and the hollyhock detail. SO very pretty.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a clever idea to use the PanPastels this way! Original design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judith I have had to read this through twice. I was absolutely stumped how you got patterned paper to fit and then I read how you stamped each panel - absolutely brilliant! Awesome stamping, love it! TFS Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Judith this is a stunning card, love the perspective and wonderful use of pan pastels. I really must try this ray technique x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!