Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Patchwork Trees in Blues (by Debbie)

I usually start by stamping my new stamps with black ink but felt I needed a change and used Cornflower Blue Archival ink which is a firm favourite colour.
 
 
 
I had a piece of card that I'd stamped the flower pattern from Texture Fragments with Versamark ink and left to dry. I then rubbed an acrylic block with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, spritzed with water and laid the card on to it. When the card had dried I stamped the Patchwork trees and flowers with the Cornflower Blue ink. I used a little of the blue to water colour under the flowers to give them a grounding. For the base of the card I used masked a border and stamped the fragment. I added a sentiment and mounted onto blue card.
                                                              
                                                                  Thanks for visiting
                                                                           Debbie

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Debbie... I'm playing with my patchwork landscapes today... And I may just get out the texture fragments too as this looks amazing.. Thank you for the inspiration.. I've got cornflower blue archival that I've never used.. I'm gonna have a go at this technique, thank you for sharing Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your monochrome colour scheme Debbie. The added colour in the hollyhocks is lovely and the use of the floral texure fragment in the background is a smashing match for the design. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Debbie. That cornflower blue is one of my favs as well. Love the background you have created. Really enjoyed reading how you made it.
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Debbie,love the colour.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always stamp out my images in black. Thank you for taking me outside the box. I love your results. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely monochrome card, and the texture fragments in the background work beautifully with these new patchwork stamps on the topper. The bit of extra water colouring with distress ink on the flowers and the acylic block technique used also adds to the lovely layering effect. The dark mat and great sentiment finish it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this colouring, Debbie - gives a really different effect, soft & subtle. Ah, the pleasures of stamping - no 2 cards alike!
    Lovely work!
    all the best, Liz M x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What caught my eye with this was that masked border & how it adds brilliant weight to the whole design which looks so balanced because of your use of the white space as a counterweight. Your echoing of the stamped fragment in the sky has worked beautifully & I love the little textures given by the acrylic block technique. You certainly sent a smile my way with this one.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card and the stamping in blue looks very effective. I love the blue background too
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So serene and beautiful, Debbie. Love the blues!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, very lovely, love your shades of blue using various stamping techniques. Thanks for sharing! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, love the colour scheme and the beautiful stamps.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blue ART , I love the way you have put the new stamps in the older background stamps, the combination is super!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. stunning work - this is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely and elegant! I love this set, you have all made beautiful samples with it! X

    ReplyDelete
  17. All the blues look great with these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this Patchwork set! Beautiful card! Love the Cornflower Blue color too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!