Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 5 April 2014

Rainbow colours in Patchwork landscapes (by Miranda)







Hello there,

Did you seen them? The beautiful new stamps at Chocolate Baroque? Aren't they gorgeous?
I've been playing with the Patchwork landscapes and I wanted to play with some bright colours.......a touch of Spring..... I had this background with some gesso on it already waiting in my stash and I've use the acrylic bloc technique and Distress inks. The flower is an image from the Tangled garden sheet which matches perfect with these stamps.The trees and flower are coloured with the matching Distress markers. And of course for the finishing touch I've used a white acrylic marker and some fine holographic glitter.
another angle......


And with the 2nd one I've used all the rainbow colours. This time I've played with (my neglected) Distress stains. I've misted my paper with some water and let the inks just flow......I've added here the tangled leaves from the Tangled garden sheet and masked them. On the left panel I've used a stencil and added some Memorybox die cuts.


Well, I hope that I have inspired you and gave your day a colour boost! Sometimes we can use that......

Thanks for visiting , always appreciate your comment and hope to see you next time,







14 comments:

  1. Wonderfully coloured projects.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miranda
    What a lovely cheerful display of colour!
    Love the stamps too!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing work Miranda - stunning work xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miranda, you never cease to amaze me with your talent. Your projects are always done to perfection. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Miranda, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing inspiration. Have a great weekend.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Tangled Garden is a perfect match isn't it? Fascinating to see so many colours of the trees - which of course is how they look in autumn. However it's that second one which is my favourite with the way you used the die-cuts & the leaves to provide a border for the rainbow background. The bush with all the berries echoes the die-cuts beautifully & I particularly like the way you coloured a good proportion of the flowers & hollyhocks to match those berries. Wonderfully fantastical & magical.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful design and love the colours you have used to showcase the stamps. Love the sentiment.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bright colours you have used to make these gorgeous cards
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes I simply can't find words to say how a piece of art makes me feel...Miranda these are stunning in every way. These stamps are so versatile I can't wait to use mine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning and beautiful I love love love all the colours

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing contrast between your colourful bold card designs and the almost monochromatic colouring of the 'Feeling blue' card. Such versatile stamps with so many possibilities. Thanks for the inspiration - Cheers, dianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautieful cards! All those great colours with this super stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous, thank you for sharing them, I must get these stamps Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!