Pin It button on image hover

Friday 18 April 2014

Whimsical Patchwork Trees and Flowers (posted by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope your day is going well.

I have two designs today featuring stamps from the wonderful and whimsical Patchwork Landscape.   I love this stamp set :)  Yes I know I say that a lot, but it's true.


I blended Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks using ripped cardstock as a mask to create the background.   I also used a piece of cardstock with a circle and Picked Raspberry Distress Ink to create the sun.    I stamped a fragment from Textured Fragments in some areas of the ground.   The patchwork tree was stamped with Cobalt Archival Ink and coloured with Distress Inks, water and brush (on my craft mat).   'Just to Say' is from Mackintosh Words.

The die cut flowers are by Heartfelt Creations - Vintage Floret (coloured with Mustard Seed and highlighted with Peacock Feathers Distress Inks) and the Pine leaf is a McGill punch. 

This second design is CAS created with circles cut into card stock.


I used Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers & Picked Raspberry Distress Inks blended over the circles.  The stamping again is with Cobalt Archival Ink,coloured with Distress Inks and highlighted with a white Gelly Roll pen.   'Just a Note" is from Mackintosh Words.

Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful Easter,
Shirley

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful samples Shirley,love the circles behind the flowers on the second one, and what a gorgeous scene you have created on the first one.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and cards as ever! Love that you made a CAS-card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning - love both of these - so clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards Shirley, I especially like the layered circles one, what a great idea
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards Shirley. Lots of lovely colors and inspiring ideas. That little hollyhock is becoming one of my favorites of the sheet. Really like how you have used it here. I have just seen Rachel Fisher using it upside down which gives it a whole new look as well. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first is very striking with those little flowers echoing the yellow circular patchwork pattern of the tree, plus the texture fragment picks up on the hollyhocks. I love the CAS idea - those circles really bring out the hollyhock centres & I love the way you managed to get the 'o' in NOTE in the middle of that green circle.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards, loving the backgrounds on both cards and loving these stamps.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so beautiful! Beautiful stamps and really beautiful inking. Thank you for sharing these with us Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards Shirley. I really like the softer background for the sharp stamped image on the first and the way the yellow flowers add a ray of sunshine too. The CAS card is a smashing idea. I do like these stamps. Have a great weekend. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely backgrounds for your Patchwork Landscape stamps! I love that set too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!