Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Patchwork Landscape Door Hanger (By Doreen)

Hello to you all, I am so excited as this is my first post as a DT member. I am  sharing  a wooden Door Hanger that I have decorated  using the fabulous Patchwork Landscape and Springtime Edges stamp sheets .


 I first made my background by painting with a coat of Gesso and then blending various colours of  acrylic paints over the top. I stamped my images using  black Versafine onto some white tissue paper and  then coloured the flowers on the reverse before applying PVA glue and attaching this to the hanger. After letting this dry I went on and stamped a script stamp in various places using white acrylic paint followed by one of the stamps from the Eastern Grasses stamp sheet this was stamped with Black Versafine.... The edges were then inked with Black soot Distress ink. Last of all was the sentiment stamp inked up with black Versafine.

17 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed reading how you made this Doreen. Love the effects you created on the background blending the colors. What a fab idea stamping on to tissue paper. Fantastic project.
    Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous hanger Doreen, my patchwork landscapes arrived yesterday.. I hoping to test em out today :-) Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful hanger Doreen - brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Door hanger Doreen, I love the painted background and the beautiful border added in the bottom!.. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your spot with the design team. I love this door hanger and look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the tiny bits of colour along the bottom & the real pop of white on the snowdrops which is beautifully echoed by that script stamping. The Eastern grasses provide such a lovely frame too & the inking around the 'hole' is very effective. I love the way the tree sort of provides a 'hat' for the sentiment & how the border beneath really grounds it.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and arty looks great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation, very artistic, looks like it has been painted not stamped, fabulous inspiration, TFS Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Hanger Doreen!!! its so pretty!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very pretty and your explanation is great. I would never have realised there was tissue paper involved in this. Those snowdrops from the Springtime Edges set stand out beautifully at the bottom and the stamp from the Eastern Grasses set goes perfectly randomly stamped like that. Congratulations for making the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous, love the background you have created, lovely colour and beautiful stamps too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Doreen what a great idea

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty door hanger! I love the flowers stamps along the bottom and the beautiful tree stamp. Great colors! Will have to try out your tissue paper technique!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really pretty and a lovely debut project for the DT Doreen. I really like your colour scheme, your tissue has blended in beautifully. Like Paula, I love the pop of the white on the snowdrops and your darker inked edging really adds impact. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty door-hanger, Doreen. The white on the snow drops is the perfect highlight!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great stamps combination and I love that blue colour!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!