Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 7 April 2020

Glorious Circles and Kraft Poppies

Good morning peeps, I hope this finds you all healthy and happy.  This is my first post this month and I have two very different cards to share with you.   


Glorious Circles.

For this project I have used stamps from the Glorious and Make your Mark sets;                   Chocolate Baroque Strip Stencil, acrylic paints, Distress Inks, black Versafine ink, clear EP.




I had some backgrounds already made from the second CB Craftalong so I took one of them to use for this project.   I used  one of the CB stencils to apply white gesso randomly over the background.  I then stamped the two circle images in black ink and embossed them with clear EP.  I stamped and embossed the floral sprig in the same way in the center of the larger circle.  I then painted the flowers with DI, stamped and embossed a couple of leaves then painted and cut them out.  I attached them to the background with 3D glue.     



On a white base card I stamped the dotty image around the edges in  one colour and then the smaller circle image in another.  I trimmed the background panel and added ink around the edges and attached it to the base card.  I added a sentiment panel to complete the project.




Kraft Poppies.


For this project I have used stamps from the Make Your Mark and Poppy Ledger stamp sets; CB Kraft Card, Distress Inks, sepia Versafine, black Versafine, clear EP, and a black pen from my stash.
   



I began by taking a piece of Kraft card and stamping the Poppy Ledger image in black then embossing it with clear EP.  I used  DIs to paint and colour the image. 



I then used the crackle and smaller ring images around the edges of the card, stamping them in sepia ink repeatedly and in first and second generation ink.  I added a border with black pen around the edges of the Kraft card, then attached it to a white base card.  I created a sentiment panel in the same way and attached it to the card.



Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you have found this post inspiring and enjoyable.  I shall be back later in the month with more crafty fun to share!

Until then take care and stay safe,


                                  xx  Penny  xx







2 comments:

  1. Two bright and beautiful cards Penny and particularly love the bright poppies on kraft card with two of the background stamps which make a great backdrop. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So bright and beautiful. I adore the poppies x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!