Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 9 April 2020

summer poppies

Poppies always remind me of summer and sunshine,  and I think we all need a reminder of better times now .
I have  two versions of a card using the lovely poppy stamp from last month's Hochanda shows to show you today. I adore poppies, so I really loved this one, and kept things fairly simple.
For this first one I used a sheet of card that had been coloured with a very dilute walnut stain spray and stamped the image using black versafine ink and clear embossing powder.
The poppies were coloured with alcohol markers to make sure they stood out from the background.
The base card was randomly stamped with just the poppy part of the stamp using distress ink and holding the stamp in my hand. The mat is a dark brown card



For the second card I wanted the poppies to really stand out, so stamped in black onto white card, and then just part of the poppies in black onto a Tando  circle . I coloured just the poppies with alcohol markers then lined the circle up with the base image before adding a black mat layer.
Base card was sponged with hickory smoke distress oxide round the edges and parts of the ledger stamp stamped randomly to create the background.


3 comments:

  1. Stunning cards, love them both xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous poppies Veronica and love both versions with the more vintage tea stained look on the first and the crisp elegant look of the second with the spotlight effect. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work and I love how you've just picked a small piece in your second card to give it a burst of colour, it's superb x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!