Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 1 April 2020

Poppies by Brenda


Good morning, I hope you are all keeping safe and well during these very troubled times across the World.

My shares today use the new stamps Lesley launched in the March Hochanda TV shows. The beautiful Poppy Ledger features on my card at the top, stamped with Versafine Clair onto an acrylic pain background and coloured with pencils. Random stamping using Make your Mark........this is such a useful stamp set and an essential in your crafty stash, I used some sticky EP to stamp the coffee stains and added gilding flakes.


Here I have used the flower from Glorious, stamped onto an Oxide background, dots added using one of the stencils from the four set Strip Stencils and some doodling around the edges. The random numbering is using one of the stamps from Edgy Edges.


As you will guess from this post the Poppy Ledger is a total favourite with me......they 've not called me the Poppy Lady for nothing all these years! Stamped onto an oxide background, the flowers bleached out and then coloured with Distress Markers and the stencil set used again to add texture paste dots and DI for the squares.


Lesley's beautiful seed heads from the Glorious set have been stamped onto a piece of card that was the waste from my brayer after doing some Gelli Plate backgrounds. I also stamped one of the images from Make Your Mark into the background.


This card features Floral Study stamped first onto the base card using Versafine Claire and then again onto a Whiteboard Trading Heart to create a spotlight. The spotty stencil features in the background again and I used the same colour Distress Markers to just one of the flowers.


Finally Poppy Ledges again.....I did say I like this stamps. A scored and inked base card, circles added using the large coffee stain from Make Your Mark, part of the Poppy images stamped onto a Whiteboard circle and some garden gleaning to embellish......A plant tag for the sentiment and a piece of pea mesh across the bottom.

Stay safe everyone and thank you for your visits today.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Brenda, love the poppies xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful selection of cards Brenda, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a feast for the eyes, they are absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't pick a favourite is I had to as I love them all Brenda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards as always Brenda, all so different and all so beautiful. Thank you for all the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful samples. I will have to keep an eye fro the Poppy ledger as this would work well in the Poppy scrapbook I am making for my mum. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!