Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 22 April 2020

Steampunk Scene (by Kim)

Hello everyone, today sees the last post this month from our Guest Design Team member Kim. She has created a fabulous Steampunk themed project to inspire you.

Kim writes:

Hi there everyone, one of my loves is Steam Punk and what better to use than Chocolate Baroque's Steam Punk stamps.

Punky Flowers & Steampunk Funky Fish



I first brushed Vintage Photo through a stencil then stamped my images onto separate pieces of card. With the Seahorse I also masked him and extended his wing with adding a leaf from one of the punky flowers. The main punky image was stamped onto the flat image. I then stamped the image again onto the card - coloured them in - carefully cut them out - edged with more Vintage Photo. I did the same for the flower heads.

I then put the card together - foam mounting the seahorse, the flower heads and the focal image of the main punky flower.

Lastly, I die cut some cogs.



Then the last finishing touches mounted on to gold mirror card and on to my base card. Voila!

Hope you are all keeping well

Kim x






                            


3 comments:

  1. I love these steampunk stamps too Kim and you have used them beautifully here. I love the combination of gold and brown and the background stencilling goes beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I think these steampunk stamps are just the best. Love how you've used them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many lovely layers on here. I would never have thought that you could have a Steampunk Seahorse but it really works. Great colours and I love the addition of the gold cogs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!