Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 15 April 2020

Sparing a Thought (by Kim)

Hello everyone, here is the second blog post this month from our Guest Design Team member Kim. She has created a thoughtful card for your inspiration.

Kim writes:

This is blog number two for the Design Team blog whilst the lockdown continues- can it really be another week that has gone by?

As I sit in my craft room looking out on the sunny day the overall air is quiet- not the usual hustle and bustle of life. I suppose if I think back this is how Sundays used to be before Sunday Trading came in- the only difference was that we could go out a bit more than we can now.

So I find myself thinking of loved ones and in particular my Mum who is on her own down in London- and I thought I would make her a card- just letting her know that I am think of her.

I used a 7 x 7 card base for this make and made a white layer approx 6.6 x 6.5 with a slightly bigger black mat.

Then I turned to Distress Inks- I think they get a little forgotten these days. I used Peacock Feathers, Weathered Wood, Mustard Seed and Mowed Lawn. Then finding a small acrylic block to act as a stamp- inked it up with ink- took one impression off on to scrap paper and then second generation onto my white card. I built up my background layers until I was happy, overlapping them as I went.

Next I took the wonderful seed head from the Glorious rubber stamp set- I particularly loved this stamp from the set- I feel that it is elegant and needs very little to show itself off. I stamped it using Versafine Clair.

Next I needed a sentiment, now that took me ages to find the one I felt was right. The normal Thinking Of You did not quite cut it for me- so I needed something a little more quirky but meaningful. After a lot of searching back and forth I came to this one 'A Penny Farthing for your thoughts'- as I think we all spend quite a lot of time these days thinking a lot about what is happening around us. This stamp comes from the Punky Expressions set..... a little odd for some maybe but it suited my thoughts.

Hope you like this little make- cards do not always need to be complicated. Let the stamp do the talking and I think this one does that- it is deatailed and elegant.

Thanks for reading

Kimmy x

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, love the sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO Beautiful.
    Keep safe and well
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those seed pods are wonderful Kim and I love the background with the little squares you have created. A wonderful look! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and what a lovely background effect x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!