Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 27 February 2021

Ace of Trees

 Hello

I am showing more of my cards from the January show on Hochanda.

I have used the same stamp set, Ace Card,  for my two cards, but coloured to give totally different effects.

For my first card I used a light brown ink for the background and added some splatters from the Just Useful stamp set. I then stamped the main image from the set and coloured with watercolours. I added a sentiment from Gothic Angels . Love this Vintage look....and it's never too early to make a Christmas card!


For my second card I started with a faux batik effect for the background. 
I stamped the wood panel from Fragile Wings in Versamark and embossed with clear powder. I then blended grey distress ink over the top. With a hot iron and some copier paper I removed the embossing powder to leave just the coloured ink. I then stamped and embossed the main image in silver and coloured in tones of blue and green.

Thanks for looking

Sandra x

4 comments:

  1. Two brilliant looks on these two cards featuring this Ace of Cards stamp set Sandra and love the colours on both and the splatters on the first and the woodgrain on the second have made wonderful backgrounds to go with the pretty focal image. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely creations with the new Ace stamp and the batik background of the second one is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stamp was my favourite of this release and I love what you've done with it. I love the top one as the red really pops out and I also think that the green works really well against your aged background. fabulous work x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!