Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 23 February 2021

Darting Dragonflies

 Hello there. Rachel here today with my final post for this month showing my makes from February. All of these use the fragile wings set. Firstly this black and white tag - I made this using a set similar to that of Jean Hardy from the Comfy pyjamas retreat. I painted my tag and frame in black gesso and added some of Lesley's black and white papers to the tag. I stamped the sdragon fly in black on white card and in versamark (that I set with white embossing powder) on black card. I fussy cut those dragonflies then assembled the piece.


In this next card I used the full design and coloured it using mica powders; I also decoupaged the main dragonfly and matted and layered in colours matching the mica powder colours.



Finally my pot was stamped using the plank stamp from the Just useful set - I stamped the word ART over the top of the plank design and then proceded to paint the lines and letters in glaze before firing in the kiln.

I hope this has given you a few more ideas of ways to use the fragile wings set.

Hugs Rachel x


3 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!