Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 10 February 2021

I'm the Happiest When I'm With You (by Corine)

Hello everyone, our Guest Design member Corine is with us this month, creating three blog posts for your inspiration. She has designed a beautiful floral card for her first post. 

Corine writes: 


Hello!

Here I am again. In February I will post three times a card as guest designer. I am very pleased to do this. My first project is a card with watercolour background.

I used stamps from the sheets:

Fancy Flowers

Gothic Fragments

Apply one colour of Distress Oxide to a craft sheet. Use light shades. Spray the ink and mist your paper with water. Run the paper through the wet ink. Let the ink 'run' on your paper and dry with a heat tool. Repeat this with a second colour.

Stamp with Distress Oxide the gothic window. Use bubble wrap to stamp the 'bubbles' with Distress Oxide.

Make sure your card is dry.

Emboss the flower with black embossing powder, colour it with watercolour markers.

Complete your card with a text. I chose a text from a collection of Tim Holtz. You can also stamp a text.

I used the colours Speckled Egg and Picked Raspberry.


 

I hope I have inspired you. If you want to try this technique, I wish you a lot of fun.


Kind regards,

Corine van Kuilenburg

 


4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Corine and I love the blue and pink background and the added dots using bubble wrap, and the black embossed flower so beautifully coloured over the top. A gorgeous card! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card and your background is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! Love the colours you used and the bubble wrap looks great wit the gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunningly beautiful from the subtle stamping in the background to the intensity of the colour on the main, focal flower, I love it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!