Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 6 February 2021

Just Useful Backgrounds (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all keeping well. I have some cards to share with you that showcase stamps from last month's TV shows from Hochanda. These fabulous stamps formed part of the One Day Special, and are really beautiful. The Design Team had so much fun working with them. 

 My first card was created by stamping the beautiful Alium Collage stamp onto fabric using Archival Ink. I coloured the image with Inktense pencils, and used a waterbrush to fix the colours permanently. I created the background by stamping and embossing the numbers from Just Useful using white embossing powder onto a piece of Drawing Cartridge. I then blended Distress Oxide Ink over the background, and added a splatter stamp using the same colour of Archival Ink as before.

I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap piece of card and crumpled it slightly before attaching it to the card with some twine and double sided tape.


My second card was created by stamping the large Ace Card image onto a piece of Drawing Cartridge with Versafine Clair Ink. I coloured the image with pencils. I coloured a piece of glossy card with more Versafine Clair Ink and a roller, polishing the card with a piece of tissue once I had covered the card. I stamped several images from the Just Useful stamp set over the top to create a collage effect.

These stamps are just great for creating a whole range of backgrounds really quickly, and you can achieve lots of different effects as you can see by the two backgrounds that I have made here.

I will be back later in the month, thanks for stopping by. Stay safe and take care,


Judith xx



3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Judith and your backgrounds are superb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards with beautiful backgrounds! So sweet, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous!!
    I love both cards, very beautiful and cleverly done.
    Thank you Judith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!