Pin It button on image hover

Friday 26 February 2021

Dragonfly Dreams (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I am sharing my final post of the month, showcasing stamps from last month's One Day Special on Hochanda. These stamps have been such great fun to work with, and I hope that you have enjoyed our inspiration this month. on the DT blog.

I started my project by taking a piece of tea stained drawing cartridge from my stash. I have a few of these ready for a quick start to a project. I added salt when the background was wet for extra texture. I stamped the large playing card image from Ace Card with black Versafine ink, and masked the image with Masking Tissue. I added the small script from the same stamp set along one edge, and then the woodgrain image designed by our great friend Kim Moody from the Fragile Wings stamp set all over the background. 

I stamped out three of the smaller playing cards onto a spare piece of background, plus the sentiment. I added some Seedless Preserves Distress ink around the edges of all of the pieces. I coloured the main image with Inktense pencils and blended the colours with a waterbrush. When the image was dry, I added extra details with darker colours. I used a touch of glitter pen over the dragonfly wings.

Thanks for stopping by, take care and stay safe,


Judith xx


3 comments:

  1. So Beautiful with the paler colours.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tea staining gives a lovely aged look to the woodgrain background Judith, and then the larger playing card with the prettily coloured flowers and added smaller script go beautifully with it, and also the other smaller playing cards which you added as an extra. I love the beautiful blue of the dragonfly's wings too. A gorgeous card Judith. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Love the contrast by the blue bold dragonfly and the soft colours of the aces and background

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!