Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 14 February 2021

All the Designs in action - by Rachel

 

Hello there! Rachel here again with some more samples from the January shows. The background in this first one was created using a stamp from the fragile wings set - I think this panel effect stamp is so very useful. I stamped it onto a piece of card I had smooshed through inks on my craft mat and left to dry. Onto another piece of card I stamped the Alium collage twice and then cut out the aliums. I layed the background and the aliums onto a card blank and stamped along the edge of the card using a stamp from the Just Useful set.



For the next card I stamped the torn paper edge in different coloured inks onto a card blank then added some of the torn black and white paper centrally. Ontop of that I added three of the Ace cards stamped onto some papers Lesley released last year. I then added some ink to tie in with these papers around the edge of the black and white papers and the outer edge of the card.


This final piece was made using a round piece of MDF from an earlier show that I painted with black gesso. I then stamped from the just useful set the numbers in versamark and heat set with clear embossing powders. Next I used mica powders to paint the numbers and added a dragon fly (from the delicate wings set) that I had stamped on another piece of paper from an earlier show.


I hope you're having a lovely day!
Big hugs
Rachel x


4 comments:

  1. Very creative samples! Stunning use of the beautiful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the alliums with the woodgrain background Rachel, and then the wheel shape using the torn edge stamp looks great in all those pretty colours and the papers and the ace cards with ink blending to tie the whole thing together, and lastly the MDF piece is quite dramatic in black with all the different coloured numbers in bright metallic colours and the beautiful dragonfly over the top in that gorgeous pink. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Rachel and I love your first card x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!