Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 13 March 2021

Flowers and foliage by Rachel

 Hello there! Rachel with you today with a second installment of my samples from the February shows. For my first sample today I have painted a ceramic piece with glaze using the Thistle Butterfly and Honeysuckle butterfly stamp sets. Once dry this was overglazed and then fired in the kiln.

In this next sample I used the Eastern Grasses stamp set. I started by creating the background of the card using a light green ink on my stamp. Next I stamped the topper on  a piece of card coloured with inks and layered this onto some black card. Finally I added the stamping on the right hand side using a darker green ink.


My final card was made using the fresh florals stamp set. Firstly I stamped the poppy image onto the left hand side of my card and coloured it using watercolour brush pens. Next I stamped the same image onto black card and painted it using mica powders. Its so shiny! I decided to layer it up using some red felt so its quite a tactile piece. 


Hope you enjoy your day!
Big hugs
Rachel xx


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous pieces!! Love them all and especially the ceramic one, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love them. beautiful ceramic piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ceramic work is stunning. Your cards are so very beautiful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ceramic candle holder is gorgeous Rachel and I love the eastern grasses in shades of green on the second...so elegant and pretty, and lastly the poppies in the background and on the topper with a wonderful metallic sheen, and some texture and bright colour with red felt matted layer. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What stunning samples Rachel, I love your card designs, beautiful colours and images and as for your ceramic candle holder it's wonderful. Do you actually make the holder your self or just paint it?..whatever it's gorgeously painted, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning artwork Rachel. I love the ceramic work that you do and I also love your first card. Such simple colours but so effective and the backgound works perfectly with your main focal image x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!