Pin It button on image hover

Friday 5 March 2021

All about the Butterflies (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have some projects to share with you today created with some beautiful butterfly images that we brought to Hochanda last month. My first card was created fairly quickly using a piece of drawing cartridge, onto which I drew a circle with a pencil. I chose several colours of Versafine Clair in shades of blue and green and stamped an image from the Thistle Butterfly stamp set around the circle. I stamped each colour five times, to ensure an even coverage, varying the direction that I stamped to make the foliage appear more natural. Although these colours are not necessarily true to nature, I love how they turned out.


Once I had finished the wreath shape, I added some splotches with an image from Just Useful, using some of the same colours that I had used in the wreath. I added a touch of shading around the edge of the background with Distress Ink. I added a sentiment in the centre of the wreath from Birthday Words.


I stamped and embossed three butterflies from across the four sets, I just chose whichever butterflies appealed to me most, to be honest. I used some of Lesley's A5 Doubled Sided Designer Papers, they are so useful for this sort of thing, and will last for ages. I used white embossing powder for a delicate touch.

I am sharing two older projects with you today using the Honeysuckle Butterfly stamp set. These two projects were really fun to create, so I hope that you don't mind seeing them again. The first was a canvas that I made using a sheet of old music paper. I painted over the top using a zingy green colour, and decoupaged the image which I had coloured using pencils. I stamped around the edge using Archival Ink. I added lettering to create a collage effect, you could use book paper, die cuts, whatever you have in your stash to create this effect.

 

This next project is more subtle, but again, I loved creating this one too. I used a Brusho background, and added stamping using an image from the Elegant Edges stamp set around the edge of the background. The butterflies are decoupaged, leaving one wing free for real dimension. This card is just waiting for a sentiment for the right occasion. It would make a lovely Mother's Day card, don't you think?

 

Thanks for stopping by, take care and stay safe,


Judith xx


4 comments:

  1. They are all beautiful Judith but I particularly love the last with the soft background and the wonderfully coloured butterfly and honeysuckle. The super leafy wreath on the first looks great with the blue and green tones and love the soft background too, and then the zingy colour of the inked musical background and framed with some lovely leaves and the individual letter mats is full of the sunshine of a summer day, and love the added honeysuckle and butterfly stamp again with more brilliant colouring. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wonderful effects! Love all the three cards, so effective. The garland is very delicate as is the last one. The second one looks just stunning, sunny and happy, LOVE it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that I'm not on my own here but I just adore butterflies and the stamps are beautiful. Your cards are all completely different but all coloured in perfectly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!