Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 28 March 2021

Mixing it Up

 Hello

I am sharing the last of my samples from the February show on Hochanda.

As we all know, Chocolate Baroque make the best stamps for card making, but they can also be used for many other things. Here are a few items I have made from Harebell ButterflyThistle ButterflyHoneysuckle Butterfly and Briar Rose Butterfly stamp sets. 

My first is a mini album using the Butterflies and foliage from the sets. I used acrylic paints on the covers and Distress inks and stencils inside. I used lots of quotes, mainly from Words of Inspiration




Next, I have a grey board die cut which I covered with wood effect paper. I stamped and fussy cut two of the butterflies and added "No3" from Lupin Blueprint


This is a MDF piece which I have covered in Black and White Papers and sponged some acrylic paint around the edges in blue, green and copper. I then fussy cut some of the butterflies and coloured in more muted shades to resemble moths. I stamped the word "moth" using Distressed Alphabet Lower Case. I then added a die cut lamp post for the moths to flutter around!
 

My last piece is a round MDF coaster to which I have added self adhesive cork. Even though this was quite thick, I was still able to use my stamping platform to stamp the leafy sprig from Thistle Butterfly  into a wreath. I stamped the butterfly in the centre, but it didn't show up too well, so I stamped it onto one of the blank sheets in the Black and White paper pack and used a gel medium to stick it over the stamped image. I finished by using a white paint pen to highlight the berries and the butterfly. I used a matt varnish to seal it.


Thanks for looking.

Sandra x

3 comments:

  1. Wow, wonderful creations, so striking and artistry! Love them all so much and especially the mini and the cork coaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! WOW! These are stunning pieces. What wonderful work.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful projects Sandra using these beautiful butterflies and love the bright and pretty mini album and then the wood fence look to the background of the greyboard piece with two fantastic butterflies. The third is a great idea using the butterflies as moths around the lamp light and lastly the super coaster with the leafy sprig stamped to form the wreath with another brilliant butterfly and love the added white hightlights. Fabulous creations Sandra! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!