Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 18 March 2021

Keeping it Simple

Hello, I am here to share some more of my samples from the February show on Hochanda.

These were all relatively quick to make with some stamping and embossing and a little bit of colouring.

My first piece uses an MDF board which I have covered with Chocolate Baroque Black and White Paper (Series 2) using a gel medium. I'm not sure if these are still available, but Series 3 are!  I have then added some watercolour inks, starting with purple, then blue and green. When it was completely dry I stamped the Carnation from Fresh Florals and a sentiment from Artistic Affirmations and embossed in white.


For my next card I used alcohol inks in shades of purples and blues at the top and greens at the bottom on some yupo paper. I then stamped a dragonfly and a few butterflies from Butterfly Blush using Alcohol Lift ink. I did the same with some of the foliage stamps that were also on the show and added a sentiment from Sow the Seeds.


My next card uses the Daisy stamp from Fresh Florals. I stamped with Archival and used watercolour pencils for the flowers and Distress Ink for the edges. I have added a sentiment from Fly Away with Me.



This card uses two of the foliage stamps from Eastern Grasses. I used my stamping platform and stamped the larger of the stamps first, rotating my card each time. I then used the smaller stamp to fill in the gaps. I coloured the open seed heads with a red glaze pen and added the sentiment to the centre. Very quick, but effective.


My last piece features an accordion style card from a die. I stamped the butterflies and dragonflies from Just Butterflies onto some white card and die cut the panels out and glued onto the card base.



 I love how the stamp sets mix so well with each other.

See you soon

Sandra x

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Amazing pieces!!! I can't choose a favourite! Great inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white carnations contrasting with the intense purple, blue and green, and then the vivid alcohol ink background with the images lifted to give that ghosting effect, and then prettily coloured daises and the wreath using some super twigs and berries, and the wonderful elegant black and white accordian card. All brilliant creations Sandra. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are a treat for the eyes Sandra. They're all beautiful but I especially like the first one as I love how the white embossing really stands out against the darker background. Gorgeous artwork x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of them so very beautiful, so different but very inspirational.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!