Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 11 July 2021

Introducing Our New Guest Design Team Member Andrew Bennett

Hello everyone, today we are introducing another new Guest Design Team Member Andy Bennett. We are sure that you will welcome him to the Team. We asked Andy to tell us a little bit about himself and to include a photograph. Here is what he had to say:

 

Just a brief bio of myself:

I have been crafting all of my life, basically started when I was eight and when I came out of hospital (I was born deaf and had to wait until I was eight for the operation to rectify the condition), to take my mind off the overwhelming cacophony of noise my grandmother in her wisdom taught me how to knit.

I still knit to this day and when I want a jumper I go and knit one simples lol

Over the years I have done cross stitch and quilting, my artistic talents have also stretched to being clasically trained on flute and piano even playing and doing solos on respective instruments even at university.

I first got into card making back in 2004 and soon got addicted to stamping. One of the things I cannot do is draw, hence ,my love of stamping as someone has done artwork for me, and therefore within reason lol can do what I want with it.

I have throughout my crafting life deomoed for companies at various shows, ran my own craft club and also stamping club. I love sharing with other people what other people have taken the time to show me.

The majority of my time is now spent knitting, making cards and now having the pleasure of being on Chocolate Baroque Design Team whilst juggling with a full-time job.

Outside all of this I'm also a runner and belong to Plymouth Harriers, so I have done 10k, half marathons and full marathons, even an unltra which is a 32 mile run over Dartmoor.

 

Ammonite

Hello peeps, thank you for dropping by.

Today I'm going to do a card from the recent Chocolate Baroque TV show. Today I'm using the Ammonite stamp.

Cut a piece of Parchment paper to 4.25"x4.25", using Versamark stamp the image on to the parchment paper. Apply detail white embossing powder and heat set.

Turn over and colour using a mid-brown alcohol marker.

With the same side, place on to embossing mat (or old mouse mat) and GENTLY with embossing ball tool emboss the image using the lines in the stamp as a guide.

Mat and layer on to a card and attach to a card blank.

 


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Andy on joining the GDT and love the ammonite heat embossed on to the parchment with the super added colour and the shading using the ball too is very effective too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on joining the team Andy, your card is beautifully created. I knit too, but jumpers are too much, so I knit socks, and well stocked for the winter, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations in joying the DT. I love your card, it has so much texture.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on joining the DT. Your card is stunning, such fabulous dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on joining the amazing CB design team. I do love your first card, so clever and really great dimension xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Andrew from a fellow knitter, nice to see the face behind the lovely cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful. You can see every detail and I can almost feel the texture. Great work Andrew :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andy - Great to see some male influence on the DT! Well done! Always good to see your work!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!