Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 10 July 2021

Vitamin Sea

 Hello everyone, I am sharing some more of my cards from the June shows on The Craft Store.


I have used stamp sets  Mermaid QueenSomething Fishy, Seashell Collage, Make Your Mark, Punky Expressions and Edgy Edges

For my first card I stamped and embossed the main mermaid image and coloured with watercolour pencils.  I added some sparkle to the mermaid's tail so it was lovely and shimmery. 

I then used Distress Inks for the background taking care not to go over the mermaid. I used a blue archival ink to stamp the seaweed, bubbles and fish. Using the blue ink gave a bit of depth to the picture.  

I added some gauze along the bottom of the card which I coloured with ink. I then added some fussy cut shells and a die cut of a ships wheel. 

To finish I added the Vitamin Sea quote. To make this I used the alphabet on Edgy Edges. Using my stamping platform I inked and stamped each letter onto a piece of clear plastic and then moved my piece of card underneath until it was in the right place, removed the plastic and stamped onto the card. This takes a little time, but worth it.


My next card is a rusty, grungy porthole!
I cut a ring out of white card and added some grey board "nuts". I added some texture paste around the ring, heavier on the grey board. When it was all dry I painted with different shades of watered down blue and grey acrylics. I then added a wash of Quinacridone Gold paint to give the rusty effect.
I cut another circle slightly larger than the centre of the ring and added a distress ink background. I stamped the images and coloured with water colour pencils. The mermaid silhouettes were embossed in black. 
I covered my card base with some wood effect paper, stamped the ship in the lower left corner and added my porthole.

My last card today is a mini fish tank.
I blended blue and green distress inks randomly for the background. Using the same colour inks I added a stencil. I then stamped and coloured the foliage and fish. I added some glitter glue to give a sparkle to the fish. I added a sentiment and mat and layered my card. I then used a Versamark pen and some copper embossing powder around the edge.

Thanks for looking

Sandra x

4 comments:

  1. Love these cards and the stamps are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Three beauties, love so much your designs and the stamps used, especially the mermaid queen. The grungy porthole is really brilliant, a lot of work but it looks so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three fabulous cards Sandra and love the underwater scenes and the clever mixed media porthole which you have given a great grungy rusty look and goes perfectly over the woodgrain paper. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing cards, all of them. I especially like the first one as I adore that beautiful mermaid. That was a stamp that I couldn't resist and I used it to make a birthday card for my granddaughter last year. It took me ages but was well worth it in the end and she still loves it x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!