Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 17 July 2021

Painted Butterflies (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a couple of projects to share with you using stamps that were featured on last month's TV shows.

My first project was created using a stencilled background and three different colours of Distress Ink.  I used a piece of Smooth White Stamping Paper and moved the stencil across the page to cover the entire area. If you look closely, you can see where I have joined the two sections together, but it doesn't really matter, as it is just a background, and the butterflies from the Steampunk Butterfly stamp set mostly cover it up. 

I chose three words from the Punky Expressions stamp set, and stamped them onto the background using Versafine Black ink. I stamped the butterflies onto some Drawing Cartridge using the same ink, and coloured them with Inktense pencils, blending the colours with a waterbrush. Any watercolour pencils would do. I cut the wings out and adhered them either side of the words. Finally, I added the sentiment, also from Punky Expressions.

For my second card, I created a background using a piece of Drawing Cartridge and Distress Inks in shades of brown and green. I added stamps from Make Your Mark, Timeless and Steampunk Butterfly. I stamped and embossed two butterflies from the last set using copper embossing powder, and coloured them with Inktense pencils and a waterbrush, again, you could use any watercolour pencils. I cut the butterflies out and added words from Punky Expressions. I edged the background using a dark brown ink.

I had a lot of fun creating these cards, the stamp sets are so versatile, and as you can see, they all mix and match so well. I hope that I have inspired you to try out some ideas. Thanks for stopping by, take care,


Judith xx



6 comments:

  1. Brill cards, love the way you added the words to the first set of butterflies. Great colours on the second card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Judith and the stencils work so well in the background. I love the colours too, they're so fresh x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, Judith. What stencil did you use on the first one? You're right--I couldn't tell it wasn't just one large stencil. It's so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you head over to the blog post on my own blog, I have listed the name of the stencil there: https://poppycottage.blogspot.com/2021/07/painted-butterflies.html Hope this helps xx

      Delete
  4. Two lovely cards, the first one looks so impressive with that stencilled background and the words as bodies of the butterflies! Love the delicate feel of the second one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!