Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 11 July 2021

tall ships (by Veronica)

Seashell collage has a lovely silhouette image of a tall ship, and I have used it for these cards.

The first one used a brusho background from my stash that luckily looked like wild seas. I used masking fluid to cover some of the white foamy bits before I stamped the ship in black versafine clair ink on one side. I added the verse on the left side, then removed the masking fluid. Trimmed down to a square, a blackl mat, then onto a square card blank. A quick card to make!




For the second card I printed a different verse from the poem  out on the computer and stamped the ship alongside. A mask for the moon, and distress inks brushed over to create the grey dawn - I hoped, anyway. I trimmed it down to fit onto a DLcard blank which I had covered with black card.


The last one  is a rather different Christmas card using another background from my stash. This one was using a gelli plate with a brayered  versafine ink and brusho sprinkles. There was a light area in the centre, so i added a mask for the moon there and sponged round it with blue distress ink. 

Two ships stamped using versafine clair black ink, and the centre one using versafine smoky grey ink. Dots of white ink for the seaspray, and the words were printed from the computer

4 comments:

  1. Three lovely and different cards with the same beautiful stamp. Love especially the first one with that fabulous brusho background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three wonderful cards using this very atmospheric silhouet sailing ship Veronica and all have great use of different inking techniques and I love the idea of using a different verse of the poem, which is so descriptive and which I love, and the last is such a brilliant idea for a Christmas card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! to each one, fabulous cards.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Veronica and the first is my favourite, it's simply beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!