Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 3 July 2021

All at Sea (by Sandra)

 Hello

I am sharing some of my cards from the June show on The Craft Store.

This card uses the Seashell Collage stamp set.

First, I cut a circle with a die. I then stamped the seagulls on the wooden pillars and coloured with watercolour pencils. I used a cloud stencil in the background which I coloured with Distress Inks.  

On the card base I stamped some of the shells in opposite corners, I added some splashes using the Distress Ink and some black. I used a fine brush as I only wanted small splashes.  I added one of the sentiments from the set.

I then used a doily style die  to layer up my design


My next card uses the same stamp set, but this time I have used the lovely ship stamp with one of the sentiments.  

For the background I sprinkled some Sea Green Brusho across the centre of the card and spritzed with water to make lots of speckles and splashes like a rough sea! I them mixed some of the Brusho with water to make an ink and used this across the bottom of the card. I finished by adding some circles from Make Your Mark.

Thanks for looking

Sandra

5 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Sandra and I love the die cut on the first one, it works perfectly with the stamp that you've used. Your second card is super too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love these stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sky on your first card and that lovely water effect on your second, 2 excellent cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your rough sea is so realistic, and love the big circles that feel as big bubbles :)
    Love the seagulls scene, too, more quiet and sweet. Two very beautiful samples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first has such a soft and pretty background and some wonderful clouds within the beautiful ornate die cut frame Sandra, and then the contrast on the second with the bright blue sea with the spray splashing up the card, and the silhouette ship which goes beautifully and a lovely sentiment beneath. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!