Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 7 July 2021

Romantic Steampunk Butterfly (By Rachel)

 Hello there,

Rachel here today with the first of my makes from the June shows.  In this first card I used the very beautiful punky romance stamp set to create a very simple card. I started by stamping then masking the main image. I also masked off the sides of the card then stamped some of the smaller images from the set into the bar I had left exposed. Finally I added the sentiment.

In this second card I mostly used the steampunk butterfly stamp set. I started by creating a mop up backgound using distress oxides (mermaid lagoon and scattered straw). Next I added some stamping in the same colours mostly using stamps from the make your mark stamp set, then added some torn bookprint. I stamped the quarter circle 4 times to form a circle - I confess it wasn't perfect but since I was always intending to apply my butterfly over the top it didn't matter. The butterfly was stamped onto white card and coloured using watercolour brush pens. After this was added, I also added a sentiment and a black line around the edge of the topper and sentiment before mounting onto the card blank.

I do hope you have a great day!
Big hugs
Rachel x


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. Clever use of the stamps.
    Love the butterfly colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards Rachel, and I love the monochromatic look with the winged heart and the cogs on the vertical strip, and then the more colourful collage effect on the second with the the quarter circle stamped very cleverly to make a circle with the gorgeous butterfly over the top. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stamping and I love the background on your second card x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!