Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 22 July 2021

Where Imagination Meets Reality.......by Sandra

 Hello, I am sharing some more of my cards made for the June show on The Craft Store.


The stamps I have used are Steampunk Butterfly and Punky Romance.

For my first card I made a background using watered down blue and brown distress inks onto watercolour cardstock. When it was dry I used the same inks and stamped the cogs from Steampunk Butterfly randomly.  I stamped the corners and the bat wings in black archival ink and coloured with a darker blue. I finished the card by adding the sentiment, some pen nibs that I cut on my silhouette and a few small bats* from the Nevermore stamp set.

*The small bats were also included in last years Comfy Pyjama Online Retreat which was absolutely fabulous and it's happening again this year!



My next card uses the wonderful machinery stamp, pretty and grungy at the same time.

I stamped with archival ink, then used pencils to colour.  Once it was all coloured I used a blending solution to soften the edges of the pencils. I added the sentiment from Punky Expressions.



For my last card I used distress oxides for the background. I then used the large corner stamp to make a "dreamcatcher". I stamped in archival and used glitter gel pens to colour. I then stamped the keys and used a black pen to join the keys to the "dreamcatcher". I added a sentiment from Punky Expressions.


Thanks for looking

Sandra x

12 comments:

  1. Love these cards. You certainly inspire us to take a second look at our stamps. Thank you for sharing your how to as well as the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three very interesting cards, and just love the last one, such great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three fabulous cards Sandra and love the fun and inventive look of the first and then the fantastical machine with the wonderful butterflies, and lastly the dreamcatcher idea made with that pretty quarter circle and the dangling keys. I love all the colours too..thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Sandra and I especially like the second one. I think it's the subtle coluring that draws me to it....all lovely though x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these especially the bats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crikey! These are just awesome and so very clever.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!