Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 3 August 2022

Butterflies Galore by Sandra

 Hello, I am sharing some of my cards made for the Create and Craft shows in July.

This card features one of the floral images from Honeysuckle Butterfly stamp set.

I started with a piece of watercolour card slightly smaller than DL size. I put some blue Distress Ink onto my mat and spritzed it with water and dipped the card into it. I then dried this thoroughly with my heat gun. I stamped the Daisy image and coloured with the same colour blue Distress Ink, darker in the centre fading to white. I then added some yellow for the centres and green for the leaves. I finished by adding some clear sparkle over the flowers and adding a sentiment. I added a narrow mat of black card and layered onto my DL card base.



My next card uses an 8x8 card base. I cut a piece of smooth card about 2 inches smaller and stamped the Briar Rose image in Memento Ink. I then coloured with alcohol markers. I added some stencilling in the background with Distress Ink and a sentiment and mat and layered onto my card base.


My next card uses the leafy stamps from all the sets - Briar Rose, Harebell, Thistle and Honeysuckle Butterfly and these are available as a multi buy. I used my stamping platform to position my stamps and then placed a die cut with a sentiment in the centre. I used a sand coloured piece of card and green archival ink. I also notched out the corners with a punch.



My last card today uses butterflies from all the sets too.  I made a pop up box card with my cutting machine and covered the panels with Black and White papers. I then stamped and fussy cut the butterflies (replacing the antennae with wire) and added a few die cut leaves.


Thanks for looking

Sandra x

4 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!