Pin It button on image hover

Friday 26 August 2022

Different Backgrounds by Sandra

Hello, I am sharing the last of my cards from the July shows on Create and Craft.

These two cards feature stamps from Butterfly Daisy Collage and I have used a couple of different background techniques.


For my first card I used a "mop up" piece of card which I had used Distress Inks and a harlequin stencil on. A great way to use up those pieces you have been saving!  I stamped the main image from the stamp set in archival ink and then used a die to cut it out. On a larger piece of card I used one of the smaller stamps to fill around the sides. I also used Small Graph Paper to fill any gaps. I then mat and layered these onto a 6x4 card base.



For my second card I used Distress Inks randomly over a DL sized card and dried it with my heat gun. I then stamped some flowers and butterfly from the stamp set in VersaMark ink and clear embossing powder. I then covered everything with black Distress Ink and wiped it off to reveal where the embossing powder acted as a resist. I finished by running it through an embossing folder with  a branch effect and highlighting with gold wax. I trimmed it down and mat and layered in gold and then onto a DL card base.




 Thanks for looking

Sandra x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!