Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 21 August 2022

Butterfly Blue by Doreen

Butterfly Blue

Good Morning everyone, today I would like to share this card with you very simple but to my my mind, pretty card.



This card does not use the hero image from the Briar Rose Butterfly A5 set of stamps but just two of the worker stamps.
I first cut a square of smooth stamping card and marked the centre just for guidance.
Then using the Versafine Clair Paradise stamped the beaded image at four opposite angles on the card. It does not need to be perfect. Do the same again with the Versafine Clair Twilight and then for the centre I inked just the tips with the Versafine Blue Belle and stamped the image just twice opposite one another. Then with add some ink in the centre with a stencil brush.
Using a scrap of card stamp the Butterfly and cut out, then colour with the stencil brush which should have enough ink left on from colouring the centre. Shape the butterfly and just add some glue to the thorax, if you have some glue gel add a little to under the wings and then position onto card. If you don't have the gel some double sided foam tape will work just as well.

The next thing I did was add some seed beads to the Twilight stamped images which believe me take quite a while but is worth the effort, I had these in my stash and they just seemed perfect to finish this image. Then my final thing was to add some glossy accents to the markings on the Butterfly which I did using a cocktail stick as I didn't want to risk squeezing the bottle to hard and ending up with a big blob on my Butterfly.

Thanks for looking in Today 
Love Doreen 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!